Moe Moe Design
Museum Artefacts Hollow Moon Drop Earrings
The allure of the hollow moon drop comes from the beautiful contrast of the black brass moon next to the warm, neutral tone of the art.
Subtly striking, these earrings are an everyday style that still get the attention they deserve.
- Featuring imagery of the gaming token from the Hyde Park Barracks archaeology collection, Photo © Jamie North for Museums of Sydney NSW
- Sterling silver hooks
- Featuring a brass moon component
- Reversible silver alloy panels with artwork on one side and sleek brushed silver on the other
- 4cm long x 3cm wide
- 1.92 grams each
- Australian made in Currumbin, Queensland
- In the interests of hygiene, pierced jewellery is not able to be returned, unless found to be faulty
About the design
Our artefacts collection was inspired by the convict gaming tokens. These bone, ceramic, and wooden gaming tokens were found by archaeologists at Hyde Park Barracks beneath the floors and appear to have been hand-carved by convicts from rubbish scraps and animal bones saved from their meals. Gambling with coins was common among convicts even though it was banned at the Barracks and punishable by a stint in the solitary confinement cells. We admire this innovation and feel it’s aligned with the way we use industrial materials to make something pretty for your ears!
About Moe Moe
Moe Moe Design earrings are lovingly designed from start to finish in their Currumbin, QLD studio. Their small, powerful team all contribute to the creation of each earring by wearing, product testing, drawing, building, and cutting each design until it’s just right.
Moe Moe Design is the capsule wardrobe of earrings: flip them to plain silver, swap your studs to hooks, or stack other Moe Moe pieces together to build something special for any outfit.